笑話百出,一仆一碌

Thursday, April 27

拒絕「傻」笑︰睡覺‧起床

Hello. Why is it so that when it's night and my mom tells me to go to bed, I never want to. I want to stay up and not sleep. But then in the morning when my mom tells me to get out of bed, I never want to. Then I just want to remain in bed. Please, why is this so?



Response from Peter Lipton on October 10, 2005

I'm not sure that philosophers are the best people to answer this question, but my own view is that it is more a matter of bio-rhythms than of counter-suggestibility. Even if your Mom did not nag you, you probably would want to stay up late and to sleep late.

Response from Alexander George on October 10, 2005

You might try testing Peter Lipton's suggestion. You could ask your mother to tell you to stay up one night, or to tell you to stay in bed one morning. If it turns out that you then find it easy to do what she says, then Peter's suggestion sounds like it's on the right track. On the other hand, if you find yourself then wanting to go to bed early and to wake up early, we need another explanation.




來自
http://www.amherst.edu/askphilosophers/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home